POETRY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Although all poetry forms are encouraged, haiku is the featured poetry form for the 2013 edition.
All poems submitted must be no more than 80 words in length – if a poem is more than 80 words, it will not be reviewed for publication.
- Poems can be written by one or several authors.
- Submissions can be handwritten or typed.
- There is no limit on the number of submissions from each teacher.
- Please let us know of any special circumstances concerning students and/or their submissions.
- Attach the following information to a student’s submission – if a student submits more than one poem, please staple all the student’s poems together and make sure that all the submission information is included on the first sheet and that his/her name and poetry word count are on each subsequent sheet as well.
Please no shape poems.
Student Name: Student Grade: Student Age:
Student’s or school address
Teacher’s or Librarian’s Name
School Name and Address
Contact email or phone number
Number of words in poem
DEADLINE – March 15, 2013 (Postmarked)
National Schools Project
P.O. Box 50289
Boise, ID 83705-0289
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 208-286-1763