*Only teachers and librarians can submit poems through email.
POETRY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Although all poetry forms are encouraged, haiku is the featured poetry form for the 2013 edition.
All poems submitted must be no more than 80 words in length – if a poem is more than 80 words, it will not be reviewed for publication.
- Poems can be written by one or several authors.
- Submissions can be handwritten or typed.
- There is no limit on the number of submissions from each teacher.
- No shape poems
- Please let us know of any special circumstances concerning students and/or their submissions.
It is very important that each student’s information is included with his/her poem and that it is attached to an email from the teacher or librarian.
Teacher/Librarian Email – the email from the teacher or librarian should include the following information:
- Teacher/Librarian name
- School Name
- School Address
Email Attachment – each student poem can be attached as a separate document or all can be in one document. However, each poem must be clearly labeled with the following student information:
- Student Name
- Student Grade
- Student Age
- Teacher’s or Librarian’s Name
- School Name
- Number of words in poem
- If you prefer that the acceptance letter be sent directly to the student, please include the student’s address; otherwise, acceptance letters will be sent to the school address.
DEADLINE – March 15, 2013 (Postmarked)
Send to – firstname.lastname@example.org